Monday 18 June 2012


My 15th Birthday in Cambodia!

I woke up on my birthday at 5:15am. This may sound early for a teenager on her birthday but this is what my body clock has been trained to do for the last 3 weeks. By 6am I had; opened my presents from the Baileys, Grandma & Grandpa, Asia and Yas (Thank You!!); had a cup of tea and was outside with lots of ‘Happy Birthday’s from the 6 other volunteers in our cluster at N.H.C.C. For breakfast I had the first bit of bread I had eaten in 3 weeks and some fruit! Because it was my birthday my parents let me have the day off studying so I went to play with the pre-school and nursery kids for an hour. I wasn’t feeling too good so I came back to the house and read my book till lunch! 


My mum had ordered a cake from the bakery 3 miles away so after my birthday lunch of chicken, rice and veg a few my friends came over and sang Happy Birthday! Then out of nowhere one of the boys decided to throw cake icing at my face… most of us then spent the next 20 minutes wiping icing on each others faces and flicking it in various directions… it was so much fun!! Once all the cake was gone everyone went back to their clusters (clusters are the houses we sleep in) for rest time. I had a bucket wash because I was covered head to toe in icing that was a bit like whipped cream! When I was all clean and dry mum and I went to the English class that we go to everyday and spent the rest of the afternoon there. 5pm I had my birthday dinner of chicken, rice and veg and went to play with the kids before coming back and watching a movie. A better birthday then I expected put it that way!

Thanks everyone for your emails they were much appreciated!

And sorry everyone for not being on Facebook, they decided to temporally kick me out because they think someone was hacking me??!! Which is extremely annoying but what can you do??!!



See you very soon ;)

Kaela-J xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment