Saturday 5 May 2012

Walking the back streets of Singapore


A few days ago we where walking the back streets to the train station and I thought… ‘Do other families stay in youth hostels like we are?’ I asked Mum and she thought for a while then and said, ‘No, youth hostels are usually for single travellers or young adults that are travelling together’.

Some times I get nervous walking to the train or to the shops because I don’t know what could happen and at the same time I was thinking about the youth hostel, I thought it may be scary at times. But it’s all amazing, all at the same time. You see things you would never thought you would have ever seen in your lifetime and you can see a little of how people live and work. People stop and ask where you come from or where you are heading and its cool. I have seen lots of lovely Chinese letters which I like, colourful buildings, men fixing roads, motorbikes and cars, lots of Hindu statues, many food courts, locals cycling, shopping and talking, loads of palm trees and fruit stalls…

I do miss my friends and family but I just think that I’ll see them soon and I might not see what I’m seeing again!!!

What I love and have experienced so far:

  1. Eating with chopsticks.
  2. Walking far in the heat.
  3. Hearing other peoples travelling stories.
  4. Locals looking at us like we are complete ‘weirdos’
  5. Trying new foods.
  6. Sitting around and being patient.
  7. Living out of a rucksack for a long time.
  8. Lot’s of train and bus travelling.
  9. Reading.
  10. Reading more.
  11. Reading even more.
  12. Reading lot’s.
  13. Skyping people.
  14. Meeting new people.
Love Yasmin X

No comments:

Post a Comment